Many people reach out to us for support and advice when they are suffering a traumatic loss, because sadly we have some experience in that. Although it's sad that that is true, I am grateful to be able to provide any help in that worst of moments for someone. The following resources are ones that we have found helpful. They may or may not resonate for you. Grief is as individual as the relationship with the person in your life that you are grieving. Be gentle with yourself, and know that there is no NORMAL in grief.
- Refuge in Grief, Facebook Page
- Books on Grief, Child Loss and Baby loss by Amie Lands
- Hospice Foundation of America, Information on Grief - this is a good resource; also many local hospice centers offer free grief counseling as well
- "It's OK That You're Not OK: Meeting Grief and Loss in a Culture That Doesn't Understand," by Megan Devine
- "Permission to Mourn: A New Way to Do Grief," by Tom Zuba